Warehouse very narrow aisle pallet racking storage system
VNA pallet racking system
Very narrow aisle racking, often referred to as VNA, is an effective way to increase pallet storage in a given area for warehouses where space is at a premium, with the advantages of selective racking.VNA racking uses adjustable pallet racking (APR). By reducing the aisle width to between 2.7 and 1.6 meters, it provides storage space for a higher concentration of pallets. The system requires special forklifts that reduce aisle space by at least 40% compared to conventional forklifts. The system still offers 100% product selectivity and utilizes vertical space for pallet storage.
VNA system advantages
● Higher space utilization compared to other pallet storage systems as more can be installed.
●100% product selectivity.
●System operates in a FIFO inventory rotation.
●Up to 50% reduction in aisle width compared to wide aisle racking.
● Less damage due to narrow aisle forklifts usually guided by wires or rails.
VNA solutions are versatile and can meet a wide range of operational needs. However, they are particularly suited for warehouses that require
● Dense storage with a smaller footprint
● Direct and immediate access to each unit load, but also need to optimize available space
● Storage for products with different unit loads and sizes
Increase storage space with very narrow aisle racking
● Ultra-narrow aisle pallet racking provides direct access to all unit loads, offering 100% selectivity due to full accessibility.
● Optimize available space by reducing the width of working aisles, thus saving up to 40% of total space.
● VNA provides greater warehouse storage capacity by compressing the adjustable pallet racking system, which can then be fitted with additional pallet racking bays.
● VNA racking optimizes the building cube by making better use of space in high places.
● Very narrow aisle provides a flexible solution with easy assembly, disassembly and adjustment of load levels, thus it allows the operation to adapt to changes in storage requirements.
● Ultra-narrow aisle pallet racking is suitable for any type of goods, by weight or volume.
● VNA allows pallets to be stored on the floor at the lowest level of the rack.
● VNA also allows the conversion of ultra-narrow aisle pallet racking systems to automated storage systems.